Singers - click here for instructions
DJs - read on...
What is SongbookDB?
SongbookDB lets singers browse and search a karaoke show's songs on their phones, and, if the show allows it, let's singers send song requests to the DJ.
SongbookDB is made up of several different apps...
- SongbookDB - the app the public use to browse a DJ's song list and send song requests (if the DJ allows) - iOS, Android, or web-app at songbookdb.com
- SongbookDB Pal - the desktop app DJs use to create, edit and upload their song lists, gigs and venues, and receive song requests
- SongbookDB Karaoke Requests Hoster - Mobile app DJs use to receive song requests.
- SongbookDB Plugin for PCDJ™ Karaoki - Desktop plugin app DJs use to receive song requests in PCDJ's Karaoki hosting program
- SongbookDB Plugin for MTU Hoster® - Desktop plugin app DJs use to receive song requests in MTU's Hoster® karaoke program.
Here they are again, including what platforms they are supported on (check out the left menu to find out more about each of them)...
Singers easily connect to the DJ's song book by either...
- entering the 5 character DJ handle that DJs set up when they register, or
- scanning the QR code DJs display at their gigs (DJs - get your QR code at: www.songbookdb.com/promote )
Not only does it put DJ song lists in the hands of anyone who has a phone, but it makes the karaoke experience fun, fast and interactive with extra features such as live song requesting (if the DJ choose to use this feature), ready to sing notifications, a Favs folder + more!
DJs register their free 30 day trial song book account (do this here), and use the desktop app SongbookDB Pal (get it here) to create, edit, and upload their song lists, venues and gigs, plus receive song requests.
The DJ has complete control over the process, with the ability to switch song requesting on or off, alter their song book appearance and features, ban requesters, plus many more user friendly features:
- BUZZ - alert singers when their song is ready
- SHOUT OUT - send a message to everyone currently viewing your song book
- TIP THE DJ - enter your PayPal address in the DJ's admin to activate the tip button
- Stats - log in at songbookdb.com/dj to view who's searching your book and what they are searching and requesting
- Venue Admin - your venues can each set up an an admin account where they can upload ads eg for drinks specials, that appear on singer's phones when they're at your show
- add your logo, website, phone and Facebook page details
- edit and tag your songs
- have multiple song books and venues (up to 8). This caters for businesses with multiple DJs working on the same night
- a kiosk mode so you can also set up a laptop kiosk at your shows
- receive requests on your phone using our Karaoke Hoster app (web-app - https://www.songbookdb.com/requests, Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.songbookdb.songbookdb, or iOS - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/songbookdb-karaoke-requests/id890913422?mt=8), via the Requests screen in the SongbookDB Pal desktop app, or directly in PCDJ's Karaoki or MTU's Hoster via one of our desktop plugins