SongbookDB Plugin for MTU Hoster® (desktop)
The most common support request DJs submit when using the the MTU plugin it that they get an error in Hoster when song requests are sent in.
99% of the time, this is because the DJ used an import method OTHER than the "MTU Hoster Song Database" method when importing their songs to SongbookDB (this import method is the ONLY one that can be used for the plugin to operate correctly).
Please be sure to watch the video below before sending in any support requests - it will get you up and running FAST!
The plugin connects to MTU Hoster®, and allows you to either manually or automatically add song requests received from the SongbookDB network to the MTU Hoster® playlist.
00:00 - Intro
00:54 - Overview - How the plugin and Hoster® work together.
01:49 - Registration and Installation
04:50 - Getting your songs from Hoster® into SongbookDB
07:35 - Connecting Hoster® to the plugin
09:18 - Plugin Features - a quick tour
10:12 - Logging into the plugin
11:00 - Receiving Requests
12:14 - Auto-Add
13:11 - What happens when singers cancel requests?
13:52 - Banning singers
14:55 - Buzz
- auto-loads when you open MTU Hoster®
- DJ has complete control over what gets added
- simple two-step process for uploading your MTU Hoster® song database to SongbookDB
- it functions in basically the same way as the Requests screen in SongbookDB Pal, only it allows SongbookDB integration into MTU Hoster®
What you'll need (see basic requirements)
- MTU Hoster® - http://www.mtu.com/basics/karaoke-hoster.htm
- An MTU Hoster® SongbookDB account - click here to register your 30 day free trial (no credit card required up front). NOTE: if you already have a non-MTU SongbookDB account, contact us so we can change your account to an MTU one (may include a price increase depending on your current account - see Pricing)
- Download the plugin installer from here: http://www.songbookdb.com/updater/SongbookDB_MTU_RequestsPlugin.air
- Download the SongbookDB Pal installer here (desktop app that allows you to set up your song book) http://www.songbookdb.com/updater/songbookdb_pal.air