Requests Hoster (mobile) - Quickstart
- if you don't already have a SongbookDB DJ account, sign up for one HERE (free 30 day trial).
- use SongbookDB Pal (our free desktop app you get when you register) to create and upload your song list, and set up your gigs and venues.
- log into the Requests app - your singer's now see 'SING' buttons next to each song, and can send you requests - each request includes their name, their song and artist, + they can also include their pitch/key & disc version preferences, extra singer names, and note to you about any special requirements.
When requests arrive, the app's INBOX tab flashes. You can then click to add the request to an existing singer folder (Rotation screen), or create a new one.
Songs appears on the Playlist screen according to the order of the folders in your Rotation, which you have complete control over.
At the top of the screen, just under the menu buttons, there is a status light display.
- Red - not connected to SongbookDB Requests network
- Orange blinking - disconnected, but attempting to reconnect
- Green - connected. The system will check for new requests and cancellations every 30 seconds